Traveling by plane is the most convenient thing today and booking a domestic flight has also become more affordable, especially after government regularizing fares. So, whatever your choice of destination is and whenever you plan to travel domestically, we here provide you with a checklist with some tips for you to travel smooth
1. Arrive early, reaching at least 2 hours before the flight. Generally, the check-in gate closes45 minutes prior to departure. But on special days you may be expected to arrive early for security reason, you will be notified through message or mail. You can also web check-in.
2. Make sure the first thing you have put in your wallet is your photo identification card and always keep it handy. If by any chance you realized that you are not carrying any identity card after reaching the airport, then here is a rescue for you.
Download Digilocker app and get your my Aadhaar and other online available identity cards. This is a digital government authorized identity locker which is available on the move. This is acceptable across all domestic airports.
3. Hope you have weighed your baggage while packing. Generally, the domestic limit is 15kgs in check-in and 7kgs in hand baggage, also look up the size of bags allowed. When you check in your luggage, make sure it is marked fragile if youare carrying any delicate items. Also, abide by the list of electronic and other items that one is allowed to carry and make sure you have packed then right, items like power bank, etc., are to be packed in check-in luggage while laptop in hand baggage. Size and weight rules may vary for different airlines.
4. Limit your toiletries size. Carry –on liquids, perfumes, deodorants, gels, moisturizers, water, etc., should be well under the prescribed limit (generally 250ml). It is advisable to carry travel sizes so that you do not have to throw your needed items on the security clearance. Also, it is a good idea to carry these in a clear pouch for quick clearance.
5. We all have been paying too much heed to the airport looks, but the key to getting it right is ‘comfortable wrinkle-free dressing’. Imagine sitting all those hours in the lounge and then in the flight in tight or uncomfortable clothes, also you would hate to get down in wrinkled clothes… da ahh.
6. Keep an eye on the airport monitors to track your flights. Depending only upon messages is not a very good idea. Keep an eye on the monitor and announcement for updates on flight boarding and last-minute gate change.
7. Carry plenty of entertainment along. Flight delays are a common sight, though they are quite a few means today personalized entertainment is the best bet.And if you are a reader, there is no better time to get on with your favorite read.
Domestic flight bookings have become easy today;this list should help have a smooth flight as well.